You will be surprised at how many valuable things you can find in your house. Things that you would never thought valuable could very well be. In fact, there could be several things in your house that are valuable. And they may not be found in the most obvious places. They may be hidden away in the closet, attic or garage. Or they could be staring at you everyday on the mantel piece without you realizing it. This could be in the form of gold or even diamonds and other precious gems and metals.
Scrap gold, or used gold, is gold that has lost its luster, or that is no longer being used. This gold, while useless to you, may still have a decent resale value. But before you go around the house looking for valuable goodies, consider this:
1. Leave no stone unturned when attempting to look for valuables in your home. If you are interested in a gold or diamond exchange online, you need to find items that will be worth the hassle. Do not turn your house upside down, but just look in places where you will least expect to find these items.
2. Understand what the condition of your gold is. Scrap gold is considered gold that is broken or has lost its luster. In this case, it is best to sell your gold as scrap. However, if the item is still in a good condition, you could exchange the gold for a higher price.
3. Go through your old clothing for possible finds. Remember that old jacket in the closet that you completely forgot about? It could hold something valuable in its pockets. Never ignore old clothing, and examine those you may have forgotten about.
4. Purses, suitcases and briefcases can also be a great hiding place for scrap gold. Think of that old suitcase that you never got around to emptying, or that old purse you threw out without checking its contents.
5. Do you have an old jewellery box that you haven’t looked through in a while? Open it and look what jewellery you may have forgotten. Sometimes we throw old, broken gold rings, earrings or necklaces in jewellery boxes because we do not want to throw them out. Never assume your old jewellery box is empty and worthless. You may just find some hidden treasures in it.
6. When choosing a gold and diamond exchange company, make sure you pick one that is reputable. When you sell your used gold online you want to receive competitive prices. Also, you would want to actually receive your money. So stick to companies that are renowned and reliable.